Testosterone Therapy in Dallas, TX
Hormones are responsible for a variety of very important bodily functions and processes, including those of a sexual and reproductive nature. In men, the main reproductive hormone is called testosterone, which will usually decrease as a person grows older. As a result, many men are diagnosed with a condition known as low testosterone, or testosterone deficiency syndrome (TD).
Symptoms of Low Testosterone
Whether a man’s low levels of testosterone are due to age or any other cause, this condition can lead to a variety of concerning symptoms, including:
- Mental fog
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep Problems
- Low libido
- Erectile Dysfunction
- The “Blah’s” feeling
Although it is certainly possible to manage these symptoms of low testosterone, it is best to address all of them by discussing your candidacy for testosterone replacement therapy with Dr. Mitch Moskowitz in Dallas or Plano.
Types of Testosterone Therapy
This treatment method involves administering controlled amounts of the testosterone hormone to the body in order to replace what the body is unable to naturally produce. Patients of Dr. Moskowitz may select any one of the following options when deciding which particular type of testosterone therapy is best for them:
- Injections: Dr. Moskowitz can directly inject testosterone hormone into thigh or buttock muscle. Many patients often complete these injections on their own at home every 10-14 days as well.
- Hormone Replacement Pellets: These pellets are implanted just beneath the skin and are able to slowly deliver a steady amount of testosterone to the body over the course of a few weeks.
- Gels: Topical gels may also be used to directly apply testosterone onto the skin, which is then absorbed by the body. These gels are typically used once per day.
- Patches: Similar to the topical gel, a testosterone skin patch may be administered to the skin once a day in order to be absorbed gradually by the body.
- Nasal Spray: A testosterone spray applied 2-3 times a day.
Seeking Testosterone Treatment in Dallas, TX
Call today to schedule a consultation with urologist Mitchell Moskowitz, MD in order to determine which type of testosterone therapy is right for you and your lifestyle. No matter what issues you are dealing with as a result of low testosterone levels, Dr. Moskowitz is here to help you find a solution! To schedule an appointment in Dallas or Plano, call our office today at (972) 566-5400 or request an appointment online through our secure form.