BPH Treatment in Dallas, TX
An enlarged prostate, also known as BPH, is one of the most common medical conditions men experience as they age. The occurrence of BPH increases as you age and 50%-60% of men in their 60's will have symptoms of BPH. After 70 that chance increases to 80%-90%. Chances are if men live a long and healthy life, they will develop symptoms of BPH.
Dr. Moskowitz has helped thousands of men manage the symptoms of BPH. He will provide an expert diagnosis and recommend a treatment plan that best fits your lifestyle.
Still not convinced about BPH treatment? Check out this New York Times article on enlarged prostate surgery alternatives.
What is BPH?
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, or BPH, is a condition in which the prostate enlarges as men get older. BPH is a very common condition that affects over 42 million men in the US1 and over 660 million aging men worldwide.2.3 Over 40% of men in their 50s and over 70% of men in their 60s have BPH.2 While BPH is a benign condition and unrelated to prostate cancer, it can greatly affect a man’s quality of life.
As the prostate enlarges, it presses on and blocks the urethra, causing bothersome urinary symptoms. If left untreated, BPH can lead to permanent bladder damage.4
- Frequent need to urinate both day and night
- Weak or slow urinary stream
- A sense that you cannot completely empty your bladder
- Difficulty or delay in starting urination
- Urgent feeling of needing to urinate
- A urinary stream that stops and starts
Symptoms of BPH can cause loss of productivity, depression, and decreased quality of life.7
If you suffer from the above symptoms, you are not alone. BPH is the leading reason men visit a urologist.8
You can measure the severity of your BPH symptoms by taking the International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS) questionnaire. Sharing this information with your physician will help them understand the severity of your symptoms.
Even watchful waiting has its risks. Bladder outlet obstruction could result in irreversible bladder damage if left untreated4
- NeoTract US Market Model estimates for 2020, data on file.
- Berry, et al., Journal of Urology 1984
- US Census Bureau international database worldwide population estimates for 2020
- Tubaro, Drugs Aging 2003
- Rosenberg, Int J Clin Pract 2007
- Vuichoud, Can J Urol 2015
- Speakman, BJUI International 2014
- IMS Health NDTI Urology Specialty Profile Report 2013
© 2021 NeoTract, Inc. All Rights Reserved. MAC01951-01 Rev B
Schedule Your BPH Consultation Today
If you are looking for specialized treatment for BPH in the Dallas area, please contact urologist Mitchell Moskowitz, MD today to schedule an appointment in Dallas or Plano. Give us a call at (972) 566-5400 or request an appointment through our secure online form.